Sunday, July 14, 2013

Corners of Our Home: The Awkward Corner


No matter how much I would like to say that we have the perfect home, where everything fits like a puzzle, that's just not the case. There are a number of quaint and quirky layout aspects to our place which has just not been ideal to work with, but I've come to accept that it's those things that makes our place unique.

There's one particular corner in our lounge which I've labelled the awkward corner. It's just a random little corner right by our front door that's been bothering me. We have to run the silly television cable up and around this corner, as the antenna plug is on the other side of the room by the dining table (like I said, there are some odd layouts in our place!), and I've been wanting to add something to that corner to disguise that cable. That's where my handy husband comes in! He's been a complete genius with making us pieces of furniture to match our home, so it was easy for me to convince him to make a piece to fit in this corner.

The results, well, I'm a happy wifey! With a little bit of paint that I added afterwards and a few favourite books put on display, we've finally managed to use this corner to it's full potential. Moral of the story, why buy when you can build?? Customise or start from scratch to create pieces to fit your own little awkward corners. And if that fails, let me know, I might be able to convince Neil to make something for you too! ;)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...