Thursday, June 6, 2013

DIY Coloured Pot Plants.



One thing I've come to realize these past couple of months setting up our house, is that home just doesn't feel like home unless there are some plants in it, adding bits of nature, life and bursts of colour. About 3 months ago I made the decision to add fresh flowers into our weekly budget and I'm quite happy to say, we have diligently been buying flowers weekly (except those weeks where my flowers just won't die, so manage to keep then for a couple) and what a difference it's made!

I'm still a little but scared of pot plants, as my track record with keeping plants alive have not always been the greatest. But I am determined and decided to start with something simple and easy maintenance...the succulent! What awesome little plants these babies are as you don't need to water them that much and they love the sun! So last weekend I bought myself a couple and thought to add a but if colour to the pot plants themselves.

Such an easy DIY project to do to add in your home colour scheme and individualise items that would seem somewhat generic. I've seen a few different ideas like this on the interwebs and decided to give it a go!

All you need is your pot plants, masking tape and your favourite colour paints plus a paint brush. I used a fluro pink paint to match a frame that I have in the same room. So mask away a pattern / shape / section on your pot plant you DON'T want painted and get your painting skills on the uncovered sections. After completing my two pot plants, I would suggest using a base layer of white first to make your colour more true to its original. Be sure to paint a couple of layers. Once the paint has dried, gently remove the masking tape to reveal your beautiful colour pattern! Voila!

Easiest DIY you could ever do to add some vibrancy and life to your pot plants!

1 comment:

  1. aw that's cute and really easy to do! a nice pop of color with just a pot :D

    <3 Sharmaine Ruth
    underpeachtrees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...